OutpostHD is the rebirth of the Outpost: Missing In Action project. Simply, it's an Outpost game inspired by OP1 that adds the missing advertised features, improves gameplay mechanics by removing a lot of the unnecessary and tedious micro management, interface choices that make a lot more sense, an enhanced research tree and a planned but as of yet undeveloped multiplayer mode.
The core of the project is to provide a fun OUTPOST game that has all of the advertised features and provides better feedback for things like resource lines, mining/factory/laboratory reports and colonist opinion/morale.
- Develop a new, modern code base that can be built and run on multiple platforms including Windows, MacOS X and Linux.
- Implement the core gameplay mechanics from OUTPOST
- Provide a better interface from which the user can get better feedback from their Colony.
- Add the ability to establish new colonies on the same planet.
- Develop new visuals to replace the old graphics using modern rendering procedures and alpha transparency (something impossible at the time the original game was built).
- Add additional planet and star types.
- Implement a multiplayer mode where other users can establish colonies on the same planet or different planets/moons within the same star system.